- José is the president of Rijo Athletics. He pursued his dreams in 1999 to start a baseball and softball training facility, which has grown today to over 6000 students yearly and over 50 players drafted professionally. Rijo Athletics has continued to be the best training facility in the Northwest with the many talented and experienced staff members and has a reputation for having a positive influence in the community for youth - not just in sport skills but life skills as well. Based on Jose’s years of experience with thousands of families, he has written a book that has become a #1 Best Seller on Amazon to show you the true value of sports in the lives of children and has provided specific steps you can take to enrich your relationship with your son or daughter..
- Over 10 years’ experience as a professional scout
- 1996: Drafted by the New York Mets
- First year: Played starting centerfielder
- .292 BA first year | .279 career average
- Won League Championship.
- Started every game (only 1 of 2 players to do so)
- Voted as “Best Conditioned Athlete” by the Mets organization
- Head Coach for Team USA Latin Baseball
- Amazon #1 Best Seller 'Creating Winning Relationships through Sports'
- 1st team All-Northwest outfielder NAIA 2 years in a row
- 1st team All-American NAIA
- BA .392 first year | BA .398 second year
- Led the team in hitting with a .472 batting average
- MVP in San Jose state tournament
- 1st team All World Series team
- Led World Series in hitting with a BA .472 NAIA (6 games)
- Won 1996 National Championship with Lewis-Clark State College
- 1st team all NWWACC (both years at Walla Walla CC. Led team in hitting and stolen bases).
- 1st team all-American outfielder by Baseball America
- Drafted by Los Angeles Dodgers as an infielder
- Lettered in 3 sports: Football, Basketball and Baseball
- Voted by coaches and peers as “Most Athletic”
CLICK HERE TO BOOK JOSE' FOR A PUBLIC SPEAKING EVENT
CLICK HERE TO SUBSCRIBE TO JOSE'S PERSONAL BLOG.